Sorry! No puppies available from this litter...
Hammy ~ September 2017
For all Puppies:
We take a number of steps to ensure the health and quality of the puppies that we whelp, including many health tests/screenings and extensive pedigree research before breeding. Further information and registry numbers are available on request.
After the puppies arrive:
- We do Neurological stimulation, also known as biosensor – days 3-16
- We do several separation/stimulation exercises from the Monks of New Skete training.
- We do Guiding Eyes for the Blind massages and submission exercises on all puppies daily.
- All puppies are introduced to water, wings and shooting (with a starter pistol) at around 4-5 wks and continuing until they go home. The Rule of Sevens in Puppy Socialization is definitely applied to all – with many more than 7 in some areas. By the time a puppy is seven weeks old he/she should have:
- Been on 7 different types of surfaces: carpet, concrete, wood, vinyl, grass, dirt, gravel, wood chips
- Played with 7 different types of objects: big balls, small balls, soft fabric toys, fuzzy toys, squeaky toys, paper or cardboard items, metal items, sticks or hose piece, bones, etc.
- Been in 7 different locations: front yard, back yard, basement, kitchen, car, garage, laundry room, bathroom, porch
- Met and played with 7 new people: include children and older adults, someone walking with a cane or stick, someone in a wheelchair or walker, other dogs
- Been exposed to 7 challenges: climb on a box, climb off a box, go through a tunnel, climb steps, go down steps, climb over obstacles, play hide and seek, in and out of a doorway with a step up or down, run around a fence, porches
- Eaten from 7 different containers; metal, plastic, cardboard, paper, china, pie plate, frying pan
- Eaten in 7 different locations: crate, yard, kitchen, basement, laundry room, living room, bathroom, porches
- We do Temperament Testing at 49 days old (using a person not familiar with our puppies) and along with notes/observations on my part place the puppies with the family most suited for that particular puppy.
We do require you to feed the premium holistic dog food that we feed our dogs. You can click on the link at the end of this page to check it out or go to www.AccentOnPets.com.
Puppies are sent home with a fuzzy pad, toy and collar – all filled with scent from here at the farm – along with a notebook filled with lots of information/instructions for you .
We encourage you to come visit anytime by appointment. We require you to come for a visit when the puppies are around 5-6 wks old so that we can teach you some valuable information/skills before taking your puppy home.
If you are interested in adopting a puppy from GoldenMoon Labs – please fill out and submit the Prospective Puppy Owner Questionnaire. Thanks for visiting…We’ll look forward to hearing from you!!!