Joy and Harry will be bred fall 2017 ~ Puppies go-home early 2018
GoldenMoon Labs is planning to breed GoldenMoon’s Coreyberry Joy of the Lord, CGC, BN, CD, NA, certified TDI – “Joy”with CH GoldenMoon’s Harry Prince of Riale Oack, CGC – “Harry”. Puppies are expected to go-home early in 2018.
- Born December 17, 2013
- Black – carries Yellow by DNA testing
- Color is Not Dilute – does not carry dilution by DNA testing
- OFA Hips – Excellent
- OFA Heart – cardiac normal by cardiologist – comment excellent
- Eyes – CERF yearly – normal
- CN – Centronuclear Myopathy – clear
- Titles earned :
A whirlwind year for Ellen & Joy as they earned 4 AKC Titles in 2016!LRCP Obedience, Frederick, MD. 4 days of shows – April 2016 – Beginner Novice (BN) and Companion Dog (CD) Upper Potomac Valley KC, RDOD (Responsible Dog Owner Day) Frostburg, MD. Sept. 2016 – Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Catoctin Kennel Club, Pt. of Rocks, MD. December 1 & 2, 2016 – Rally Novice (RN) and to top that off – Joy passed her certification TDI with Therapy Dogs International in McHenry, MD on October 25, 2016
- “Joy” has a wonderful joyful spirit – just like her mom Corey! She’s very trainable with superb intelligence and quite loving. She wants to please & enjoys whatever we’re doing. Joy is training for Junior Hunt Tests this coming fall 2017.
- Click to view Joy’s pedigree
Harry’s Health Clearances and Earned Titles:
- Born 04/28/11 – B/Y
- Eyes – CERF yearly – Normal
- OFA Hips – Excellent
- OFA Elbows – Normal
- OFA Cardiac Heart Normal – Cardiologist
- CN (Centronuclear Myopathy) – Clear
- EIC (Exercise Induced Collapse) – Clear
- Championship Title earned at the National Dog Show Philadelphia at 17 months
- Canine Good Citizen Title
- Working on his Junior Hunt Title fall of 2017
- Harry lives here at GoldenMoon Labradors & enjoys the wide open spaces. He’s
in training to compete for his Junior Hunt Title this fall season. Harry has a wonderful temperament & personality. He has never met a stranger. Harry is a happy boy that loves lap time and has quite a gentle spirit.
- Click to view Harry’s pedigree.
For all Puppies:
We take a number of steps to ensure the health and quality of the puppies that we whelp, including many health tests/screenings and extensive pedigree research before breeding. Further information and registry numbers are available on request.
After the puppies arrive:
- We do Neurological stimulation, also known as biosensor – days 3-16
- We do several separation/stimulation exercises from the Monks of New Skete training.
- We do Guiding Eyes for the Blind massages and submission exercises on all puppies daily.
- All puppies are introduced to water, wings and shooting (with a starter pistol) at around 4-5 wks and continuing until they go home. The Rule of Sevens in Puppy Socialization is definitely applied to all – with many more than 7 in some areas. By the time a puppy is seven weeks old he/she should have:
- Been on 7 different types of surfaces: carpet, concrete, wood, vinyl, grass, dirt, gravel, wood chips
- Played with 7 different types of objects: big balls, small balls, soft fabric toys, fuzzy toys, squeaky toys, paper or cardboard items, metal items, sticks or hose piece
- Been in 7 different locations: front yard, back yard, basement, kitchen, car, garage, laundry room, bathroom
- Met and played with 7 new people: include children and older adults, someone walking with a cane or stick, someone in a wheelchair or walker
- Been exposed to 7 challenges: climb on a box, climb off a box, go through a tunnel, climb steps, go down steps, climb over obstacles, play hide and seek, in and out of a doorway with a step up or down, run around a fence
- Eaten from 7 different containers; metal, plastic, cardboard, paper, china, pie plate, frying pan
- Eaten in 7 different locations: crate, yard, kitchen, basement, laundry room, living room, bathroom
- We do Temperament Testing at 49 days old (using a person not familiar with our puppies) and along with notes/observations on my part place the puppies with the family most suited for that particular puppy.
We do require you to feed the premium holistic dog food that we feed our dogs in order to have the health guarantee included in our puppy buyer’s contract. You can click on the link at the end of this page to check it out or go to www.AccentOnPets.com.
Puppies are sent home with a fuzzy pad, toy and collar – all filled with scent from here at the farm – along with a notebook filled with lots of information/instructions for you.
We encourage you to come visit anytime. We require you to come for a visit when the puppies are around 5-6 wks old so that we can teach you some valuable information/skills before taking your puppy home.
If you are interested in adopting a puppy from GoldenMoon Labs – please fill out and submit the Prospective Puppy Owner Questionnaire.
Thanks for visiting. We’ll look forward to hearing from you!!!