Myrtle and Bogart will be bred May 2019 ~ Puppies go-home late summer 2019
GoldenMoon Labs is planning to breed Myrtle …
GoldenMoon’s Thyme 4 Trouble Myrtle, STAR, CGC “Myrtle” will be bred to AM SILVER GCH POTOMAC FALLS KEY LARGO, JH. “Bogart”
Puppies are expected to go-home late summer of 2019.
GoldenMoon’s Thyme 4 Trouble Myrtle, STAR, CGC “Myrtle”
Born November 10, 2014
Black – carries Yellow recessive gene by DNA testing
Color is Not Dilute – does not carry dilution by DNA testing
OFA Hips – Good
OFA Elbows – Normal
- OFA Heart – auscultation normal by cardiologist – comment she’s excellent
- Eyes – CERF yearly – normal
- CN – Centronuclear Myopathy – clear
- Titles earned : STAR Puppy & Canine Good Citizen, 1st Conformation Show Point as Winner’s Bitch & Best of Winners out of the 9 – 12 mos. Puppy Class!
- Myrtle’s Sire: AM Multi BISS Silver GCH. & Multi BISS CAN.CH. Gateway’s Nothin But Trouble Call name “Trouble” who was #1 Labrador Retriever in the USA in 2013, Best of Breed Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac 2013, & Best of Breed Labrador Retriever Club National 2014
- Myrtle’s Dam: CH GoldenMoon’s Misty’s Spicy Marjoram, STAR, CGC, JH,Achiever Dog, NTDA, registered Therapy Dog International. Call name “Marjie” who placed in the top 5 female Labradors at Westminster Dog Show 2013
- Myrtle is a delightful girl – just like her mom Marjie! She’s very trainable, quick learner, and loves to cuddle. She enjoys whatever we’re doing. Myrtle is training for Junior Hunt Tests this coming fall 2019 and will soon pass her Therapy Dog certification test.
AM SILVER GCH POTOMAC FALLS KEY LARGO JH
OFA Hips Excellent; Elbows Normal; Cardiac-Echo Normal; CERF Normal; Clear for EIC, PRA, HNPK, centronuclear myopathy, degenerative myelopathy progressive rod-cone degeneration, retinal dysplasia/oculoskeletal dysplasia and skeletal dysplasia 2.
- Bogart lives at Belquest Kennels. He is quite the Conformation Show Dog and there fore has earned & been awarded his American Silver Grand Championship!
For all Puppies:
We take a number of steps to ensure the health and quality of the puppies that we whelp, including many health tests/screenings and extensive pedigree research before breeding. Further information and registry numbers are available on request.
After the puppies arrive:
- We do Neurological stimulation, also known as biosensor – days 3-16
- We do several separation/stimulation exercises from the Monks of New Skete training.
- We do Guiding Eyes for the Blind massages and submission exercises on all puppies daily.
- All puppies are introduced to water, wings and shooting (with a starter pistol) at around 5-6 wks and continuing until they go home. The Rule of Sevens in Puppy Socialization is definitely applied to all – with many more than 7 in some areas. By the time a puppy is seven weeks old he/she should have:
- Been on 7 different types of surfaces: carpet, concrete, wood, vinyl, grass, dirt, gravel, wood chips
- Played with 7 different types of objects: big balls, small balls, soft fabric toys, fuzzy toys, squeaky toys, paper or cardboard items, metal items, sticks or hose piece
- Been in 7 different locations: front yard, back yard, basement, kitchen, car, garage, laundry room, bathroom, porches, stairs
- Met and played with 7 new people: include children and older adults, someone walking with a cane or stick, someone in a wheelchair or walker
- Been exposed to 7 challenges: climb on a box, climb off a box, go through a tunnel, climb steps, go down steps, climb over obstacles, play hide and seek, in and out of a doorway with a step up or down, run around a fence, teeter-toter
- Eaten from 7 different containers; metal, plastic, cardboard, paper, china, pie plate, frying pan
- Eaten in 7 different locations: crate, yard, kitchen, basement, porch, living room, bathroom
- We do Temperament Testing at 49 days old (using a person not familiar with our puppies) and along with notes/observations on my part place the puppies with the family most suited for that particular puppy.
We do require you to feed the premium holistic dog food that we feed our dogs in order to have the health guarantee included in our puppy buyer’s contract. You can click on the link at the end of this page to check it out or go to www.AccentOnPets.com.
Puppies are sent home with a fuzzy pad and toy – all filled with scent from here at the farm – along with a notebook filled with lots of information/instructions for you.
We encourage you to come visit anytime by appointment. We require you to come for a visit when the puppies are around 5-6 wks old so that we can teach you some valuable information/skills before taking your puppy home.
If you are interested in adopting a puppy from GoldenMoon Labs – please fill out and submit the Prospective Puppy Owner Questionnaire.
Thanks for visiting. We’ll look forward to hearing from you!!!